DCI Hull #63 POWER
Construction of America's Finest (DCI Hull #63) is progressing at Dakota Creek Industries in Anacortes, Washington. Earlier this week, we stopped by to take a look at our Caterpillar Power units that are standing by in Tukwila - ready to bring our vessel to life with electrical generators - a CAT C32 (front), C18 (center) and C7.1 (back).
In addition, on August 26th, our MAN 8L32 44CR Engine 'came to life' on the test bed in Augsburg, Germany. Below is a clip from the video of the big event, watched remotely from our Kirkland Headquarters conference room.
And here's a link to a video of the engine coming to life - of note, look at the size of the Engineer that walks into the video 15 seconds in, compared to the size of the engine.
MAN 8L32 44CR August 26, 2015 0700hrs Kirkland / 1700hrs Augsburg
For more information on America's Finest, see our other Ship's bLog entries:
- Contract Signing - Dakota Creek Industries November 18, 2014
- Keel Laying Certificate - May 20, 2015
- Steel Cutting - Seaport Steel (Seattle) w/ EVRAZ (Portland) DNV steel June 3, 2014
- Floating Steel Blog by Harry Von Stark September 1, 2015
- AMERICA'S FINEST tm Wholesale Fish Products September 8, 2015
Dakota Creek Industries Hull #63
Skipsteknisk Design ST-116XL
Fishermen's Finest ~ a team of excellence ~ our name says it all.